Here's a look at what's happening around Riverhead on Wednesday.
- It's 9/11. And as the community holds the memories of those loved and lost on that tragic day, a Remembrance Walk will be held at the new 9/11 Memorial Park on Sound Avenue. Those participating should gather at Marine Street and Park Road at 6 p.m.; the walk will begin at 6:30 p.m. and the memorial event will last approximately an hour. Never forget.
- Wednesday dawned with sunny skies, and a forecast for some clouds and a high of 87 degrees. Take a walk on the beach and hold onto summer for just a few moments longer.
- The community will come together to clean up a patch of land in Riverside riddled with prostitutes and drugs. If you'd like to help, the cleanup starts at 10:30 and will take place Thursday, too.
- Get the cameras out: The 48th Annual Friends of the Riverhead Free Library Photography Contest is happening soon. Entries must be brought to the Library's Art Gallery on Saturday, September 28, 2013, between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. This is the only day photographs will be accepted. For more information and an entry form, download the PDF here.
- A meeting of the East End Transportation Council takes place at 10:30 a.m. at Riverhead Town Hall.
- Primary results are in, and Angela DeVito won the race and will face off against incumbent Sean Walter for the supervisor's seat in November. Incumbents Jodi Giglio and John Dunleavy also took the lead last night.