Here's a look at what's happening around Riverhead on Tuesday.
- Tumbleweed Tuesday: It's the day after Labor Day, when locals take back the streets, beaches and roads. Head out to enjoy all the beauty of Riverhead that residents are lucky to enjoy all year round.
- Bring the umbrella. Tuesday's highs are supposed to reach 79 degrees, with cloudy skies and a chance of isolated thunderstorms.
- Back to School shopping is still going strong at the Tanger Outlet Center in Riverhead. Bring the kids and scout out some great sales.
- The Apple Honda Tent Sale continues, beginning at 8 am.
- Residents have expressed outrage over the number of trees cleared to make way for the new Costco on Route 58; the town board discussed solutions at its work session last week. What do you think?