A windy Nor'Easter will creep into the area today, with cloudy skies and a chance of rain, and a high temperature of 64 degrees expected. Tides are expected to be up to one and a half feet higher than normal.
- An opening day celebration is planned from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Pulaski Street School, to kick off Project Fit America. Riverhead schools are the first in the state to win a $120,000 grant for the new fitness program, a partnership between Project Fit America, the Peconic Bay Medical Center, the Suffolk County Lions Club Diabetes Education Foundation, and the Riverhead Central School District. Elected officials, school administrators, elementary school students, the high school pep band, Quacker Jack from the Long Island Ducks and others will be onhand for the festivities. Students will demonstrate the new equipment.
- A Riverhead town board work session will be held at Town Hall at 10 a.m.
- Services will continue for Riverhead Police Detective Robert Boden, with visitation from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Reginald H. Tuthill Funeral Home on East Main Street.
- A zoning board of appeals meeting takes place at Riverhead Town Hall at 7 p.m.
- My Grown Up and Me takes place at the Riverhead Free Library at 12:30 p.m.
- Find a new home in Riverhead.
- Or visit a few open houses.
- What’s playing at the movies … and when?
- Hide and low tide times.
- Advertise your yard sale ahead of the weekend.
- See those yard sales pop up on our map.