Take a look at what's happening around town on this beautiful Tuesday:
- Tuesday dawned bright and sunny, with a high of 72 degrees expected.
- A Riverhead Community Blood Drive takes place Tuesday at the Riverhead Fire House on Roanoke Avenue at 1 p.m.
- Learn the basics of crochet at the Riverhead Free Library at 10 a.m.
- Get the cameras out: The 48th Annual Friends of the Riverhead Free Library Photography Contest is happening soon. Entries must be brought to the Library's Art Gallery on Saturday between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. This is the only day photographs will be accepted. For more information and an entry form, download the PDF here.
- Take the little ones to Harbes Western Farm in Jamesport. The farm features a western-themed corn maze with a cast of Western characters who present a list of frontier child-level, fun challenges to qualify to become a reliable member of Buffalo Bill's Rough Riders. Frontier Land offers a bounce house, peddle-kart track, live animals, play areas, and organized games and activities with Annie Oakley. Also at Harbes Western Farm are U-pick pumpkins, pony rides, singing hayrides, a wine-tasting cabin, gemstone mining, a pond, food, and a farm market. Frontier Land, the corn maze, and U-pick pumpkins are open seven days each week from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- A Board of Education meeting takes place Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Riverhead High School's auditorium.