Mother's Day is the time to pamper that special mother in your life. And some of the best gifts aren't pricey -- the best present is just spending time with family. Here are some great things to do in Riverhead sure to please Mom.
- Take her to brunch: Head over to the Sea Star Ballroom for brunch and then, enjoy all the aquarium has to offer. Seatings are available at 10:30 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. Price for adults is $34.95 (members $24.95); children 3 to 12 and seniors over 62 are $29.95 (members $19.95). Reservations required; call (631) 208-9200, ext. H2O (426), for more information. Brunch includes all-day Aquarium admission.
- See a show: ACT Out East All Children's Theatre presents "Guys & Dolls, Jr." at the , Friday and Saturday at 6:30 p.m., and Sunday at 2:00 p.m. Tickets cost $15.00. For more information call (631) 348-2142.
- Take her to a dance: A "Grease is the Word! Sock Hop Benefit Dance," featuring live music by the Doug Ferony Big Band takes place Friday night at at 7 p.m., $45. The event features a Chinese auction; admission price includes an East Coast Swing Dance Lesson at 8:00 p.m. with Scott Trevor of Touch Dancing Studios, one root beer float each, 50s themed desserts and gift bags, and food. Proceeds benefit dance, yoga and movement programs for those with chronic illness held at Southampton Hospital's Ed & Phyllis Davis Wellness Institute in Southampton and Hampton Bays.
- Buy her flowers: Color Mom's garden with a blooming selection from some of the farmstands and florists in Riverhead.
- Make her a card: There is no gift as good as one that comes from the heart. So help the little ones create a handmade card, present, or photo collage -- the gifts Mom will treasure forever.