Now that Labor Day has passed, it's time for Riverhead residents to take a breather and enjoy the best of the season.
As autumn approaches, Riverhead comes alive with festivals and flavors -- and farmstands bursting with pumpkins and other colorful reminders that fall is coming.
Here's a list of the five top events happening around Riverhead Town this weekend.
1) Tackle an obstacle course: On Saturday, a 5K Survival Race and Obstacle Course event will take place from 9 to 2 p.m. at the 4-H Camp on Sound Avenue in Riverhead.
2) Sip a brew: An Octoberfest Beer & Wine Festival unfolds Saturday at Martha Clara.
3) Rock the River Car Show: The presents a "Rock the River" Car Show and free gospel concert on Saturday from 5 to 10 p.m on the Peconic Riverfront.
4) Take in a Classic Car Show. A Long Island Moose Car Classic takes place Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Office Max parking lot in the . Food and concessions available. Rain date Sept. 16.
5) Check out a children's consigment sale. ChickenKidz is a three-day Children's Consignment Sale held at the Riverhead Polish Hall in the spring and the fall. Shop for brand new and gently-used, fall/winter clothing (up to size 14), toys, baby equipment, nursery decor and everything else kid-related at 50-90 percent off retail prices. Event begins at 9 a.m.