It’s Wednesday of Spring Break week and by now, some parents might be plum out of ideas about what to do to keep the kiddies occupied. Here’s a lineup of some fun things to do between now and Monday morning, when they head back to school and Mom can, whew, finally have a little me-time, maybe even a frothy latte and a morning yoga class.
• Enjoy a Penguins + Pajamas Sleepover on Thursday, April 12, from 6 pm. until 7 a.m. at the . For $60, or $40 for Aquarium members and kids under 2 free, kids can enjoy a penguin encounter, dinner, a movie, crafts, a penguin dance, a birthday cake to celebrate the birthday of two penguinds, a sleepover next to tanks filled with marine life, and breakfast. Reservations required, call 631-208-9200, ext 426. Limit 100 participants; all ages welcome, recommended for school-age children.
• Head to the for Family Science Challenge Week, where parents and kids can enjoy fun activities such as building a catapult and being the fastest cup stacker.
• Some say reading is a vacation in itself; it's National Library Week, and the has a full schedule of fun activities lined up in the Children's Room.
• is open for the season. Bring the kids to enjoy batting cages, beach volleyball, jump shot basketball and a round of mini golf.
• Bring the children to pet the baby animals at The Animal Farm Petting Zoo in Manorville.