Get the family out to enjoy the holiday magic this weekend at five events sure to please.
1) Enjoy the wonder of Christmas.: The Wonder of Christmas holiday extravaganzawith a Sunday matinee at 3:00 p.m. For tickets and information, call 631-722-4969 ext. 204 or email@example.com.
2) Have Breakfast with Santa: Celebrate the holiday season at the Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center's annual Breakfast with Santa. Say hello to mascots, enjoy a hot buffet breakfast, and take a family photo with Santa. (Be sure to bring your camera.) Enjoy an educational program and make a special holiday craft, too. $29.95 for children 3-12 and seniors 62+; $34.95 for adults. Children two and under are free. *All prices include all-day Aquarium admission only and service charge. All prices plus tax.
3) Take a holiday photo of your pet. SAVES will host a Pet Pictures event at the Riverhead Petco on Saturday from noon to 4 p.. All pets welcome: cats, dogs, donkeys, ferrets, guinea pigs, hedgehogs, birds, snakes. Special guest Santa, Doc Greenberger, will be at the Riverhead store on Saturday. $8.95 for picture with frame included. Revenue from the pictures goes to help the SAVES spay/neuter and rescue/adopt programs.
4) Holidays at Hallockville: The Holidays at Hallockville event takes place on Saturday, beginning at 11 a.m. and continues weekends until Christmas. $5. Step back into time with guided tours of historic homes decorated for the season, the Homestead in the Victorian style and the Cichanowicz Farmhouse in Polish-American style typical of the 1930s. Meet legendary decoy carver Jack Combs and watch him at work in the Combs Decoy Shop, and visit Miss Ella's Shop for holiday gifts and sales. Tours $5-7.
5) Take a Christmas House Tour: A Christmas House Tour will take place Saturday at the Jamesport Meeting House. The tour takes place from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., rain or shine, and begins at the Meetinghouse, at 1590 Main Road in Jamesport, at the corner of Manor Lane. Tickets $30 in advance, $40 at the door. For more information, click here.