1. Celebrate nature. The celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Peconic Estuary Program with a fun and educational event on Saturday from 10 a.m. till 3 p.m. Visitors can learn about the Peconic Estuary Program's work to protect and restore the natural waterway. The event includes free educational activities, including guided hikes and river paddles, for adults and children. For more information, call Kate Fullam, 631-765-6450 ext. 208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Hunt for antiques. An ,with dealers and appraisals, will take place on the Peconic Riverfront in downtown Riverhead from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday. A rain date is scheduled for Sunday.
3. Attend a fundraiser for a furry friend. On Saturday, a Bangers and Mash Rock for the Animals fundraiser will be held at the for the Riverhead Move The Animal Shelter (RMTAS) organization from 7 to 10 p.m. The features music by the live band, Bangers and Mash, with raffles and a free hot dog and beverage at intermission. Tickets cost $20 and proceeds will benefit the group's mission to raise funds to relocate and construct a new animal shelter in Riverhead Town. Tickets will be sold at the door.
4. Get cozy with a quilt. The takes place Saturday at the , from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $8; this year's theme is "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Quilting." The event includes exhibits, a judged quilt show, demonstrations, door prizes, and lectures on quilting.
5. Go to a giant yard sale. The takes place Saturday at 8 a.m. at the .