The Riverhead Central School District has listed some information for parents. Here's a round-up of what parents need to know:
- In the mornings, please have students at the bus stop at least five minutes before the scheduled pick up.
- Please do not chase after a missed bus. The district is unable to return for students who miss the bus.
- Children should look to the driver for the signal to cross the street safely.
Let the district know in writing if:
- Your young student is allowed to be let off the bus without an adult present.
- Another adult will be meeting the child at the bus each day.
- An emergency occurs and a child needs to be dropped off or picked up at another location.
- Before or after school care arrangements for a child.
- A child's phone number has changed.
As part of the district’s ongoing effort to save money and resources, some routes were altered and some bus stops were relocated. For the complete list of bus routes and bus stops, click here.
Also, bell times for some schools changed in the 2012-13 school year. Here's the list:
School Hours for Each School