With fall in full swing, here's a list of five of the great events happening around Riverhead Town this weekend.
1) Garlic Festival: A yearly tradition for many, once again The Garden of Eve presents the 9th Annual Long Island Garlic Festival at 4558 Sound Avenue. The festival will take place, rain or shine, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, with vendors selling garlic-related products and crafts, live music, garlic foods, eight-plus varieties of garlic to eat and plant, hay rides, fiber arts, and more. The event takes place inside a dry farm market building. New this year is a "Garlic Iron Chef" competition, taking place on both Saturday and Sunday at 12:30 p.m., during which time three local chefs must prepare a master garlic creation in front of a live audience, in only a half hour.
2) Hallockville Museum Farm Antique Car Show: See vintage automobiles and trucks in a historic setting. Sponsored by the Peconic Bay Chapter of the Antique Automobile Club of America at the Hallockville Museum Farm on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.. Raindate, October 7. Fee.
3) Oktoberfest: The new North Fork Tasting Room on Sound Avenue will be featuring beer and brats, other traditional German food and live music. Beer specials and Oktoberfest menu items will be available from Friday through Sunday, noon to 8 p.m.
4) Geothermal Energy Expo: The Miller Environmental Group will be hosting a Geothermal Energy Expo and seminar of services for a geothermal installation, on Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at 538-558 Edwards Avenue in Calverton.
5) Last Day of the Season at Riverhead Raceway: Riverhead Raceway marks the last day of the 2012 season with a twilight Enduro program and parade beginning at 4 p.m on Saturday. Rain date, Sunday.