As locals attempt to dig out their own driveways after a blizzard dumped more than 26 inches of snow in some areas, many are scratching their heads about where the town plows are. However, Riverhead Town Supervisor Sean Walter and Police Chief David Hegermiller said the plows are out and residents should stay off the roads until emergency orders are lifted.
We posed a question on Facebook asking people if they had seen any plows. Below are some of their answers; be sure to let us know in the comments when your road is plowed.
- Kathleen Pantaleo Yes! River Ave was plowed around 9:30 a.m. Thank you Geo and your team!
- Susan Tocci Not on Flanders Road!
- Rebecca Pick Nope and don't mind at all
- Dawn Parker Jacobs They're out there..they've been away from there families since Friday morning...
Give all those guys a pat on the back,snow is heavy & drifting!
- Jessica Ruiz Not on Robinson Pkwy there's few houses here but they are all elderly ppl.
- Gail Diane No. haven't even heard one in Wading River
- Christine Metesh Sackett enjoying being snowed in!
- Meghan Tepfenhardt Not any in wading river.. I don't doubt they are out there working. It's a lot of snow.
- Darlene Grattan-Ferris Came through more than 2 hours ago Thanks John
- Donna Voss Danowski Many times!!!
- Mary Ellen Weaver Not yet, don't care either. The main roads are more important
- Conrad Dabrowski Jr. Not looking good at 2 p.m.
- Barbara Kummer None in Aquebogue....but let's believe they are working really hard somewhere!
- Patricia Dunham Stuart no
- Donna Pisano Stovall Nope
- Meghan Tepfenhardt Do anyone know when secondary streets are being plowed?
- Donald McIntosh Not mine yet but they better bring a payloader
Have you seen a snowplow yet? Share your experience in the comments section.