The week has only begun — here are a few events and activities happening. Be sure to visit our calendar of events here.
1. Relatives and Friends of Persons with Mental Illness Support Group: The Mental Health Association in Suffolk County provides supportive group counseling services to friends and relatives of persons with mental illness (ROMI) on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Clubhouse of Suffolk’s Synergy Center on Roanoke Avenue in Riverhead. The groups are facilitated by trained professionals or by persons who have an intimate knowledge of the subject matter and knowledge of group facilitation techniques. The groups typically meet weekly for two hours. The focus of the group is on mutual support; and includes discussion of topics such as sharing of similar experiences, problems in accessing services, stigma, benefits and entitlements, advocacy issues, etc. Call MHAS for more information or to register for any of the above groups. Groups are offered by MHAS free of charge. Call (631) 226-3900.
2. Karaoke Night at the All Star: Do you love to sing? Do you love to watch other people sing? Come to the All Star bowling alley on Route 25 in Riverhead. Karaoke is held every Wednesday night in the Stadium Restaurant and Bar from 7 to 10 p.m.
3. Taize' Service: Join those seeking peace, harmony and spiritual connection through simple, candlelit worship service Thursday at 7 p.m. at the First Parish Church in Riverhead. The church offers worship services for individuals throughout the Suffolk County area. Taize services offer contemplative musical meditation for worshippers.
4. "Get Your Pizza Thursdays" at aMano: Enjoy half-priced gourmet pizzas from aMano’s wood-burning oven every Thursday in Mattituck as well as two for one cocktails at the bar from 5 to 7 p.m.
5. Super Bowl Celebration at North Fork Tasting Room: Come to a favorite local spot for Superbowl Sunday, Feb. 3. Watch the game on two 42" flat screens, try new brews on tap, and Game Day appetizer specials such as: wings, mozzerella sticks, pierogies, spring rolls, sweet potato fries, and potato pancakes.