We’ve all hopefully dug out from the snows of Nemo by now and are making plans for a productive week despite the rough roads out there. And remember — Valentine’s Day is Thursday. Here are a few happenings this week:
1. Check out Zumba at Ultimate Fitness: Come join European-American artist/Zumba dancer known as Kinga on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at Ultimate Fitness East in Riverhead. Click on these websites for more information: www.kinga.me, www.ZumbaWithKinga.com
2. The Greater Calverton Civic Association holds their annual meeting on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Riley Avenue Elementary School in Calverton. Click here for more information.
3. On Monday afternoon, Riverhead Police Chief David Hegermiller said "ponding" has occurred on area roads as the snow from Nemo is melting. One hazard, Hegermiller said, is that some roads are half covered with ice, half covered with water. The chief advises drivers to continue to take caution on the roads in the coming days.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day Thursday
4. ChocoVino (Numero Due) at Long Island Aquarium: Spend a romantic evening Friday at 8 p.m. at a wine and chocolate pairing at the Long Island Aquarium. Sip on wine, give into sweets, and enjoying a five-course dinner with your spouse, BF, GF, or maybe even your BFF? Cost is 160 for couple ages 21 up. Reservations are required – call 631.208.9200, ext. H2O (426). All prices plus tax.
5. Have a Heart Dinner to benefit Community Action Southold Town (CAST): This Valentine’s event happens on Friday at 5 p.m. at Peconic Landing in Greenport. For $20, enjoy food and live music to support CAST. Seating is limited, so call today to make your reservation at 631-477-1717
6. Valentine's Day Romance Getaway at The Harborfront Inn: This Greenport hotel is offering special rates for Valentine’s Day. The $169 package includes: Overnight accommodations in a luxurious deluxe room of choice featuring views of the Mitchell Park carousel and partial views of Greenport harbor and Shelter Island, complimentary continental breakfast, and a box of chocolates in the room. What are your big plans for the week? Tell us in the comments.