1. The Long Island Aquarium downtown is holding a "" Friday night. Starting at 6 p.m., events, tours and activities will be held as kids get to take a behind-the-scenes look at the aquarium and see the creatures after hours. Cost for the overnight stay is $60, and $40 for aquarium members.
2. Getting ready to swing for the fences yet? For Flanders Little League parents, Saturday is your chance to . Sign-up will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Iron Point Park, on Wood Road Trail.
3. Saturday morning, RSVP is holding an looking for a new home. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at on Osborn Avenue.
4. Jazz on the Vine kicks into its third weekend on Saturday. Check our events page for a complete list of the acts. As with every weekend, the artists will head back to afterward for a live jam session at
5. Wake up Sunday morning and get a good old fashioned Sunday breakfast at the Riverhead Fire Department Headquarters. The Ladies' Auxiliary is holding , with eggs, sausage, bacon, and more, from 8 a.m. to noon. Cost $9 for adults, $8 for seniors, $5 for kids age 5-12, and free for 4 and under.
6. It's also the last weekend to get your cats spayed or neutered at a discounted rate. Kent Animal Shelter has been offering a "Beat the Heat" rate of $20 for spaying and neutering.