• The man police said shot and killed Setauket's Ross Reisner will be arraigned on murder and harassment charges on Friday, according to the Suffolk County police.
Brett C. Knight will be arraigned at the First District Court in Central Islip and charged with second-degree murder, a felony.
Reisner ran Maple Lane Farm in Mattituck.
Police said Knight's last known address was in Midvale, Utah.
U.S. Marshals from Tennessee arrested Knight in that state on Wednesday, after launching a nationwide manhunt for him. Police had believed Knight, after committing the Sept. 24 murder, bought a motorcycle and fled the Setauket area.
• Southampton Town police have charged two men in connection with a car stolen in Hampton Bays on Monday night.
Police said they received a call at 10 p.m. alerting them that a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander was taken from a driveway on Shinneock Road.
During the investigation, they managed to locate the car on Flanders Road near the intersection of Bellows Pond Road. Inside were two men, John Z. Martinolich, 28, who police said is homeless, and Stephen Mineo, 18, of Hampton Bays.
Martinolich was charged with grand larceny in the third degree, a felony; criminal possession of stolen property in the third degree, also a felony; criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, a misdemeanor, and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the third degree, a misdemeanor.
Mineo was charged with criminal possession of stolen property in the third degree.
• John Moretti, 28, of Manorville, turned himself in at police headquarters on Oct. 3 to answer for an assault charge stemming from an Aug. 24 fight at Neptune Beach Club in Hampton Bays. According to police, Moretti is being charged with felony second-degree assault after he allegedly punched another man in the face, causing serious injuries that required surgery. The victim suffered a broken nose and left eye orbital, police said.
• With the help of a surveillance camera, Westhampton Beach police said they were able to nab a Ridge man, who they said stole a purse from a bridal suite at the Westhampton Bath and Tennis Club on Sept. 22. The unattended purse belonged to a woman who was attending her sister's wedding.
Police said Henrio Dorvil, 34, used a debit card in the pocketbook to buy goods at the Valero Gas Station on Montauk Highway, Waldbaums on Sunset Avenue and at 7-Eleven in Riverhead.
Police said they were able to get a photo from one of the businesses that they presented to management at the club who in turn identified Dorvil.SOUTHAMPTON
• Edward Johnson, 24, of Hampton Bays, was arrested in Bridgehampton on Oct. 3 after police said they found marijuana and a weapon in his vehicle. According to police, Johnson was stopped in a 1999 Chevy Tahoe on Narrow Lane and the Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike at around 3:15 p.m. for a seat belt infraction. When police interviewed Johnson they smelled the odor of marijuana, which he admitted to having smoked earlier in the day, police said. When police searched the vehicle they reportedly discovered a small quantity of marijuana and a gravity knife type of switchblade, as well as a marijuana grinder. Johnson was arrested and charged with felony criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree, unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, and a seat belt violation.
• A 17-year-old from Sag Harbor, who was arrested Monday, is accused of eight burglaries in Sag Harbor Village this summer, as well as stealing a car, village police said.
Devin K. Brevard, who lives on Walker Avenue in the village, was picked up on the Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike on Monday and brought to Sag Harbor Village Police headquarters for questioning.
Brevard's mother consented to a search of her home, where police said they found several items stolen from homes in the village from July to September, they said.