Recent crimes and suspicious incidents reported to the Southampton Town Police Department.
• A Riverside man reported that $650 in tools were stolen from his truck in the early hours of Feb. 10. The man said he awoke around 4 a.m. to his dog barking, though did not go outside. He reported that two 20-inch tow chains, a tool box and several tools were taken from the back of his Ford F-250.
• A Riverside man reported waking up the morning of Feb. 13 to find his 1998 Ford Ranger had been taken from his driveway. The man said he left the key in the cup holder in the center console, and the door unlocked.
• A resident of Riverleigh Avenue in Riverside reported that around 11:10 p.m. on Feb. 12, he heard movement on his deck and found people wearing ski masks attempting to steal a generator from his front porch. He interrupted the reported criminals and Riverhead Police responded with a K-9 unit, however no suspects were found.
• A Riverhead man said on Feb. 14 around 6:30 p.m., he pulled into the Valero Gas Station at the Riverside traffic circle, left the keys in the ignition and walked inside to pay for $20 worth of gas. When he walked outside he saw his 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer pulling away and driving northbound on Peconic Avenue. Riverhead Police said no arrests were made in the incident.
• A Riverside woman, who told police she leaves her front door unlocked when she goes to work, reported that two piggy banks – one shaped like a bread truck and another like a jug – were stolen from her Flanders Road home. They contained an estimated $100 combined.