- Christopher Andrews, 53, of Flanders, was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence of drugs and having prescription drugs in the car for which he didn't have a prescription on Jan. 4. According to police, Andrews was driving a 1994 Cadillac north on Route 24 at around 8:30 p.m., when he was stopped for failing to maintain his lane. When questioned, police discovered Andrews was under the influence of drugs. A search revealed two prescription medications in his possession, but police said Andrews did not have a prescription for the pills. He was arrested and charged with DWAI by drugs and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, both misdemeanors. He was also charged with moving lanes unsafely, a violation.
- Manuel Contreras-Calderon, 24, of Riverhead, was arrested on a drunken driving charge in Riverside on Jan. 1. According to police, Contreras-Calderon was driving a 1993 Toyota near Vail Avenue and Flanders Road at around 3 a.m. when he was stopped for failing to signal on a left-hand turn. When questioned, police discovered him to be intoxicated. He was arrested and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, failure to signal, having an unregistered vehicle, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and having an open container of alcohol in the vehicle, all violations.
- Christi Findlay, 30, of Riverhead, was arrested on a drunken driving charge in Riverside on Jan. 1. According to police, Findlay was driving a 2004 Subaru near the intersection of Flanders Road and Donald Avenue at around 3:30 a.m. when she was observed weaving in and out of her lane. When stopped and questioned police determined her to be intoxicated. Findlay refused to submit to a breathalyzer. She was arrested and charged with aggravated DWI, a misdemeanor and refusing a breath screening test, a violation.
- Christian Robertson, 47, of Manhattan, was arrested after allegedly driving drunk with three children in the vehicle on New Year's Eve. According to police, Robertson was driving a 2013 Tesla near Flanders Road and Pleasure Drive at around 10:30 p.m. when police said they noticed he was weaving out of the right-side lane and driving into the oncoming side of the road. When police stopped Robertson they noticed he had three children, all under the age of 10, being transported home. Police said the children were relatives of Robertson, but would not provide further information on their relation to the defendant. Robertson was taken into custody and charged with felony aggravated DWI under Leandra's Law and endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor. The children were turned over to a family member and child protective services were notified of the incident, according to police.
- Howard Brooks, 49, of Greenport, was arrested for allegedly driving while high on drugs in Flanders on Dec. 31. According to police, Brooks was driving a 1998 Plymouth Voyager near the intersection of County Road 105 and Flanders Road at around 1:45 a.m. when he was stopped for an equipment violation. That's when police said they noticed an odor of marijuana wafting out of the vehicle. When questioned, police determined that Brooks was impaired by drugs and was also in possession of both marijuana and a crack/cocaine pipe. Brooks was taken into custody and charged with DWAI by drugs and seventh degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, both misdemeanors. He was also charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.