- Taste North Fork continues in Riverhead on Veterans Day.
- A Veterans Day breakfast will be held at 9 a.m. before a ceremony at 11 a.m. to honor the nation's heroes at the Suffolk County historical society. To commemorate Veterans Day, two mural-size World War II oil paintings are on display at the Suffolk County Historical Society. The paintings, created by artist William Stranders, were donated to the SCHS by the American Legion Post #273 in Riverhead.
- A Vines & Canines Educational Walk will be held at Martha Clara Vineyards on Monday, beginning at 10 a.m. A donation of a non-perishable dog or cat food item is required and will be donated to local shelters.
- Veterans and troops eat free at Applebee's in Riverhead on Monday.
- Live music with Chain Reaction at Martha Clara Vineyards on Monday beginning at 1 p.m. The three piece band plays music from the 1940s until today.
- For grandparents or other care-giving relative raising children, on Tuesday at 6 p.m., the Riverhead Free Library and Cornell Cooperative Extension Suffolk's Family Health and Wellness progams will present PASTA, two-hour sessions spanning a variety of topics to help guide grandparents or caregivers raising and advocating for their child. A light dinner and child care will be provided. For more information and to register for the program please contact Anastasia Loper at 631-727-7850, ext. 340. The program runs from 6 to 8 pm Tuesdays, Nov. 12, 19, 26 Dec. 3, 10, 17.
- A free beekeeping seminar, focusing on fall and winter preparation, will be given at the Riverhead Talmage Farm Agway on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. The session will be led by master beekeeper Chris Kelly, and will focus on preparing hives for cold weather.
- Folk singer Carolyn Doctorow performs at the Suffolk Theater Thursday at 8 p.m. The event, "Songtrails," is an intimate evening spotlighting national and local american songwriters, with "Writers-In-The-Round" reminiscent of an old time radio broadcast. Tickets are $15 in advance/$20 at the door. Doors open 90 minutes prior to show time for lunch, dinner or cocktails.
- It's "Fish & Sips" at the Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center on Friday, at 7 p.m. More than 20 local wineries will be onhand for the event with tasting and purchase opportunities. Live music, hors d’oeuvres, and giveaways. Price: $39.95/person; 21+.
- Also, every Friday in November, local residents are admitted to the aquarium for free.
- Riverhead Faculty and Community Theatre present "Nunsense, the Musical," at the Vail Leavitt Music Hall. Show dates are Nov. 15,16, 22,23 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 17 and 24 at 2 p.m. Tickets cost $15 for adults and $7.50 for children and are available at Wedel Signs, 705 West Main Street, Bach/Grazina
Orthodontics, 235 Osborn Avenue, and the Town of Riverhead municipal garage, 1412 Old Country Road. Or call Jan McKenna at 631-466-0838 or Patti
Hautsch at 631-721-3475 for tickets and further info.
- On Saturday, it's a Late Autumn Bird Walk at the Hallockville Museum Farm on Sound Avenue at 9 a.m. Enjoy a gentle two-mile meander with expert ornithologist Mary Laura Lamont around the preserved fields and woodlands that surround Hallockville to learn more about late season migrating birds. Register by calling 631-298-5292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. $5 fee for members, $6 for non-members.
- Also at the Hallockville Museum Farm, old-fashioned woodworking classes on Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. Workshop fee of $35 includes instruction, materials and access to tools. Each workshop is a single two-hour class. Limited space in each workshop, ages 12 and up; advance registration is required. Call 631-298-5292 or email email@example.com to register for a workshop. Also held on Nov. 23 from 10 a.m. till noon.
- The second Riverhead High School Blue Masques fundraiser will be held Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The "Driven to Give" fundraiser in presented in conjunction with Riverhead Ford/Lincoln; participants can come to Riverhead High School and test drive a car. For every car test driven, Riverhead Ford/Lincoln will donate $20 to the theater group. Drivers must 21 years old and have a valid driver's license. The Blue Masques' spring musical will be "The Wiz."