- A Blood Drive, hosted by the Flanders, Riverside and Northampton Community Association and the Flanders Fire Department takes place Saturday, from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Flanders Fire Department headquarters, located at 19 Firehouse Lane, off Route 24 in Flanders. For info, call Barbara 631-574-8958 or Patty 631-727-3977.
- "Live Music with 2-Man Acoustical Jam" takes place at Martha Clara Vineyards on Saturday at 1 p.m. Gino D'Ambrosio and Jim Brown are an acoustic duo who play a variety of pop, rock, alternative, blues and Top 40 hits from the 60s through today. Free admission.
- Also at Martha Clara at 7 p.m. on Saturday, a Winter Concert Series with "Just Groovin'" unfolds; tickets cost $20 in advance. Subject to availability; $25 at the door. All tickets purchased include a glass of wine. For tickets and more information click here.
- A Variety/Talent Show will be held at the North Shore United Methodist Church on Saturday at 7 p.m. Can you sing, dance or wow the world with your talent? The church invites you to perform during the talent show or enjoy a fun evening of performances. A family event. Call (631) 929-6075 to sign up or for tickets. The church is located at 260 Rt. 25A in Wading River. An inclement weather date is scheduled for Jan. 18. Tickets cost $5 person/ $15 per family.
- Sign up for Hallockville Museum Farm's January Woodworking Classes: Led by Tom Barry, participants will learn how to use old-fashioned tools to shape wood into a functional piece in two-hour workshops. Participants will utilize a shavehorse and a springpole lathe and learn about traditions of creating wooden tools by hand. Participants will take finished pieces home with them. Class sizes are limited and include instruction, materials and access to tools. Age 16 and up. Advance registration is required, call 631-298-5292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place. Class fee: $30 Hallockville museum members; $40 non-members. Choose one of the class times below:
Saturday, Jan. 25: 10 a.m. until noon: Intro to Greenwoodworking
Saturday, Feb. 8: 10 a.m. until noon: Intro to Greenwoodworking
Saturday, March 1: 10 a.m until noon: Intro to Greenwoodworking
Saturday, March 15: 10 a.m. until noon: Intro to Greenwoodworking